Monday 26 November 2012

I love apothecary paraphernalia but its sooooo expensive to buy genuine jars..
So in my usual thrifty mode i dug out the box of jars i bought from an auction last month 
and made my own labels to create a cheap apothecary display for a shelf in my study
i love them :) although they'll probably end up on my vintage stall at 
some point when i want  a new display so look out for them!
p.s
if the glasses are plain and you want it to look like its had a coloured medicine in...just get some food colouring and add it to water - 1/2 or 3/4 fill the bottle - pop the bottle on the radiator and let the water evaporate..you'll be left with a film of colour around the bottle like dried out medicine...eventually! but make sure its a radiator where it can't be knocked off & you'll have to be patient as its takes a while to evaporate

No comments:

Post a Comment